Tuesday, August 25, 2009

There's no Telling Where the Money Went

I do believe that my state deserves an award for inefficiency in their businesses. Not that this is a big surprise, seeing as California is beyond bankrupt It's painful though, to see it in action. This week is all In Service Training for me. I think I might have mentioned a bunch of paperwork before starting at this state prison, and then a bunch more after starting... well now we have ANOTHER load at the beginning of each day, and it's the same flipping information over and over and over. But then yesterday two of the speakers didn't show and they had to rearrange the schedule to bump later ones up. There was a lot of wasted time and fiddling with AV equipment etc as a result. Then today there were only two presenters scheduled and neither showed, so we waited an hour to begin, had a speaker who didn't know his topic and just read powerpoints to us. The second speaker supposedly did know his topic but did the same thing. We had a two hour lunch and then were let go two hours early. So here I am, still on the time clock, blogging. Nice. Can't wait to see how tomorrow goes.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I guess all those repeating forms are job security for someone!

Donna

Therapeutic Ramblings said...

Wow....I'd be kind of annoyed, but at least you are getting paid to blog.