Just learned today that my school is offering teaching assitantships! Our Cog testing class has a TA and he says that three of last year's cohort is doing this. We can choose from Bachelors, masters and doctoral level classes, too. Whoopee! I did NOT expect such an opportunity from a private university and it happens I really want to teach at the university level, so this is perfect. Will definitely look into it next year. There is one class in our program on teaching Psychology at the university level and nearly every class requires some sort of major presentation, all of which is part of why I chose the program I couldn't be more pleased!
On the down side though, our cohort is deteriorating rapidly. I thought we might have been over the hump for personality clashes, but the problem raised its ugly head in a huge way Friday morning and one student left for the day. There really is a serious problem with the maturity level of many of the students in this group, but I will also say that it isn't exclusively related to age. One of our cohort decided to leave the program last term, but is staying this term... I dont' know why. It seems to me that once the decision has been made to go, staying is not beneficial to anyone. I think if this person leaves, as she has already decided to do, perhaps the rest of us will work things out. As it is the drama is being amped up daily. Hoping maybe the admin will take this in hand somehow and help us out. Our Program Director has already had one group meeting about this and offered to meet regularly, but most people didn't want to take the extra time to meet. Seems we are going to do it during class at this rate. I felt awful for the poor teacher who had the misfortune to be teaching the class where the blowout occured. This is two classes where there have been overt confrontations disrupting the proceedings.
In the mean time, the classes are GREAT! I hope this shit can be straightened out in short order so we can get on with the business of learning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I think every cohort has a drama queen and other assorted characters that just drive everyone else nuts!
Hey, good luck on getting one of the TA positions. That would be great!
Post a Comment