Sunday, April 18, 2010

Surfin rough waters

No idea how to start this post... which is the right way to announce you have lost a parent? My mother is gone and my life has changed forever. She was an amazing, talented woman and I will miss her terribly. On the other hand she was a very unhappy, hopeless woman these past few years, who desperately wanted out of this life but didn't know how to let go. I have lost count of the times she said, "I wish I could just go to sleep and never wake up." Thursday night she got her wish. She went to sleep excited that I was coming to celebrate Dad's birthday that weekend, and died in her sleep the next morning.

Dad is doing well, under the circumstances. In many ways I think we had all been grieving the loss of my mother by inches... even she had. So this was a passing and not a tragedy, but still it is bittersweet.

5 comments:

PG said...

I'm very sorry to hear about your mom. My thoughts are with you.

Di Di said...

I'm so deeply sorry to hear this. I wish I could give you a big hug in person, but since I can't I'll be thinking about you.

Psych Post Doc said...

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts.

Psycgirl said...

I'm so sorry to hear this Mamabeek. I wish I could give you a hug too - I will be thinking of you

Mamabeek said...

Thank you so much, each of you! The kind thoughts and virtual hugs are much appreciated. Just when I think I'm ok, some tiny thing sets me off again. I guess that's how it will be for a long time to come... it's still just so unreal that she's gone.