Ok, so I actually finished in October, but I went through the ceremonies today. Even though almost all my classmates flaked and didn't walk, I'm still glad I did it. One woman I had not heard from in the 7 months since we finished (she was busy having a baby) was there, so that was a great surprise, and another woman who was a couple of terms behind me was there as well. I had quite a few classes with her so I knew her fairly well.
My most favorite present is a box of See's candy that came in a little mortar board cap. The top is 6" square and the 'cap' part is 3" square and makes up the little box of candy. There is a very professional looking little tassle on top too! I took pics of that on my counter so will definitely post them. It's just TOO cute. Now I know they have them I'll definitely give a few to graduating friends in the future!
Among other things my sister and her husband gave me a little portable color printer that works off a wireless connection. Bitchin'! My school is tiny and has just one computer lab with two printers and two other printers upstairs. They all absolutely suck and none are color. I suspect this is going to make me very popular with my classmates. I'd better find a little 'contributions' jar to pay for ink cartridges. =) The gift was 'wrapped' in a spiffy black leather briefcase with all kinds of fun goodies stuffed in the pockets. I felt like I was having a birthday party! Lots of other good stuff too. I don't think about graduations in terms of gifts, so I wasn't expecting anything... VERY nice surprise!
Along with our nice diploma folders each student got a license plate frame with the school name on it. LOL! Weird, but kinda cute. Only it bugs me... I am an alumna; just one, not an alumni! Oh well, my husband funded and sacrificed for my education, so I figure that makes him an alumnus (masculine) too, so the plate will be true when we're both in the car. ;p